Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2023

1God WHO raised Jesus from the dead?

 How was Jesus raised from the dead?
compiled by rory moore





John 2:18 The Jews then said to Him, “What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?” 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 

20 The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

This will clear up the misconception whether Jesus as God raised his dead body from the grave, or Jesus as a man was raised by God the Father.

Is Jesus GOD and raised Himself from the dead?
It does sound like he did from his words in John 2.

But like other topics, a closer look at God's Word reveals the truth.

We find more in John 10:17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. 

This commandment I received from My Father.” (NASB95)

Let's compare it in the Complete Jewish Bible:

No one takes it away from me; on the contrary, I lay it down of my own free will. I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it up again. This is what my Father commanded me to do.”

In the Names of God version: 
No one takes my life from me. I give my life of my own free will. I have the authority to give my life, and I have the authority to take my life back again. This is what my Father ordered me to do.”

No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.” from the NLT.

How did Jesus raise himself according to this passage? As in all He did, it was in obedience to a command and at the direction of The Father.

Now to solidify this truth, we have the following list of scriptures that all say the same thing in giving God the Father the glory for raising Jesus Christ, and knowing He did so by giving that command to Jesus to speak prophetically over his death and resurrection. As it is written:

John 12:49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Now that we know how it came about for Christ to say he would raise himself from the dead, I will leave you with  20 verses stating GOD raised Christ from the dead:

Acts 2:32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 

Acts 3:15 and killed the Prince of life; whom God raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 4:10 be it known to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even in him does this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he has spoken on this wise, I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.

Acts 17:31 inasmuch as he has appointed a day in which he will judge the world in righteousness ***by the man whom HE has ordained***; whereof HE has given assurance to all men, in that HE has raised him <Christ> from the dead.

Romans 4:24 for our sake also, who believe on Him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

Romans 6:4 We were buried therefore with him through baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:9 knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death no more has dominion over him.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also were made dead to the law through the body of Christ; that ye should be joined to another, even to him who was raised from the dead, that we might bring forth fruit to God.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead lives in you, HE that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies through his Spirit that lives in you.

Romans 8:34 who is he that condemns? It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Romans 10:9 because if you shall confess with the mouth Jesus as Lord, and shall believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved:

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ is preached that he has been raised from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we witnessed of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead are not raised.

 Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead),

Ephesians 1:20 which he wrought in Christ, when HE raised him from the dead, and made him to sit at his right hand in the heavenly places,

Colossians 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom HE raised from the dead, even Jesus, who delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Peter 1:21 who through him are believers in God, that raised him from the dead, and gave him glory; so that your faith and hope might be in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment