- What happened to all the Comet Elenin alignment dates and doomsayers?
- Were there “3 days of darkness”?
- The polar shift did not materialize when Comet Elenin zoomed by nor did the solar flares, earthquakes, and tsunamis materialize as expected by the doomsayers....
- The Gulf of Mexico did not explode nor did they nuke the well to close it.
- Hoover Dam was not blown up by terrorists on 11-11-11
- The New Madrid fault did not split the United States apart on May 14, 2011,
as one group of dream-driven believers believed and anticipated.
- Washington DC was not nuked 9-9-10 as a radio prophet positively predicted.
- a number of dreams about the BP oil well blowing up last year failed.
- FEMA did not declare Martial Law and round up Gulf residents into camps in 2010.
- The”man child” was not “anointed” either of two dates in Sept. or October 4-14 2011, or "definitely before the end of 2011".
- The tribulation did not begin in 2005 or as speculated every year after. (eventually it will)
- Judgment Day did not arrive May 21st, or on Oct. 21, 2011 as thousands were convinced.
- 6-5-2005 a minister-teacher said "President Bush will have a third term and be assassinated..." on his radio program
- President Bush did not declare Martial Law and extend his time in office, nor was he violently taken out. (2008)
- Hillary Clinton was not elected president. (2008)
- The earthquake dates in 2011 ALL FAILED..., and nobody predicted the ones that happened!
- Aug. 30, 2011 : the upper New Madrid did not create the "abyss" in Tennessee leaving an "ark-shaped" piece of land for a refuge in which the faithful could move in and occupy the abandoned properties of the local residents that would flee, as speculated by an internet radio ministry with “confirming” dreams..
- Pittsburgh Pa, 1-19-2012 Thus says Yahweh, “January 19 is a day that will live in infamy. I will send fire from the heavens upon Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Destruction is decreed from the beltway to the parkway. These three will be in the earth: fire, blood and brimstone. It will come from Me.
Is the pattern of failed dreams and revelations a "working of error" that indeed leads astray??
One minister calls these dreams “God’s tongue”
Does “God’s tongue” give false dates time and time again?
Ministries compile hundreds of disaster predictions, dreams, YouTube videos, government reports, secular sources, and information from unreliable sources on a regular basis.
In 2010-2011 there have been a number of tremendous earthquakes.
Chile, New Zealand, Japan, and Haiti for examples. NONE of the DREAMERS or WATCHMEN MINISTRIES SAW ANY OF THEM COMING!
.....“take heed that no man lead you astray” that Jesus said ???
These ministries and leaders continue to "bewitch" God's people as Paul wrote in Galatians 3:1.You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
- In the Revelation, John was given many prophecies, but not one single date.
- the date for the prophesied birth of Jesus was not given, though the event was prophesied.
- Jesus also prophesied of the destruction of Jerusalem.
Interestingly, Jerusalem would fall to the Romans on the exact same date as it did 600 years before, but no date was given! (Jerusalem fell twice on the 9th of Av)
What does that say for the ministries that put forth dates, dreams and disasters as compared to the disciples of Jesus that NEVER did?
Paul often warned of the seductive bondage of legalism using words like "subvert your souls" "bewitched", and "troubled you with words". The amazing delusion is the be-witchers are themselves deceived in turn deceiving others.
The followers are brought into bondage through focusing on dates/ dreams/ and disasters.
These are promoted through unclean spirits of fear and divination and see what the angel told the disciples in Acts 1:7:
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons,
which the Father hath set within His own authority.
Now I know we can say that context spoke of Israel, but let us point out the word “times” is plural
Has the Lord given us a standard in His Word to discern the working of error?
It’s seems so...
And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits and unto the wizards that chirp and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? on behalf of the living should they seek unto the dead? (Isaiah 8:19)
And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst of it; (Egypt is the world and its report)
and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek unto the idols,
counsel -advice; counsel, purpose.
IDOLS (H457) good for nothing, vanity; specifically an idol: no value, (as with all the failed dates and disasters) “no value”...
charmers (H328) perhaps meaning to move softly; from their soft incantations: -gently, secret, softly.
wizards (H3049) a knowing one; specifically a conjurer; (by implication) a ghost: - wizard.
“Wizards“, wise” or “knowing” people.
A “conjurer ”: one that may cause dreams to be dreamed or other means of obtaining knowledge by seeking to divine the Will or voice of God through dreams.
“Let not ….. and your diviners, deceive you; neither listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them.” (Jer 29:8-9)
Yes, God speaks through dreams, at His Will. But God’s people were never told to seek after dreams. The visible signs Jesus told us to look for would seem to be plainly observed and seen without special computer software, dreams or government telescopes.
2Thes 2:11 indicates a “strong delusion" is also rendered "a working of error"
And for this cause God sent them a working of error, they should believe a lie.
a STRONG DELUSION: Strongs 1753/ 4106
- "Strong": an operation of energetic strong effectual working.
- “Delusion": a wandering, a straying about one led astray from the right way, error,
wrong opinion relative to morals or religion
- error which shows itself in action, a wrong mode of acting
- error, that which leads into error, deceit or fraud
BELIEVE: (Strongs #4100)
- to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in, intellectual faith…
LIE: Strongs #5579 PSEUDOS (pseudo)
- conscious and intentional falsehood, whatever is not what it seems to be , of perverse, impious, deceitful precepts
When the disciples of Jesus asked Him about the “sign” of His return, the FIRST SIGN Jesus gave them was:
“take heed no man lead you astray. Many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled...
-the first “sign” was of people that “confess Christ” would come and lead many astray!
Do you think a pattern of failed dates, dreams and predictions qualifies?
Do followers of these false words and signs become addicted to fear and being “troubled”?
Now consider the failed dreams, dates and disaster warnings.
Does the scripture indicate a "working of error" or were these warnings God’s truth?
Do you still want to pass along more of the “pseudo” dreams, dates and predictions to people you work with, your relatives or your neighbors offering them “proof” of a Youtube video, some-body's website, or what you heard on a radio program?
Some of us did, and we lost a lot of credibility when the events never materialized!!
The Seduction of Knowledge
Knowledge is the same door that drew Eve away from the Lord...
And there are others:
"Desire to know the future" or "fascination with doom" or "desire to KNOW special knowledge and end-time events." Not to mention fear, paranoia, self preservation, and a “refuge mentality.” Not exactly the fruit of faith!
Many of God’s people have been caught up in “the latest news, speculations, and rumors, at the price of truly hearing the Lord and following His Spirit.
These fear-inducing stories, rumors and reports influence people to do things they would not normally do. Some have sold homes and business in order to relocate to a "safe” zone. Others have depleted retirement accounts. Others have ostracized and alienated family and friends who are not on board with the warnings of imminent doom.
We know there is idolatry when we defend, justify, or ignore their error.
Do you actually think a ministry putting forth failed dates speaks for God?
Do you still think a ministry putting forth failed dates speaks for God?
or will you believe "Take heed that no man lead you astray", which is where the fear, dates, and paranoia will take us.
Will you seek the Lord in these matters with an attitude of renouncing all idolatry and every voice of men and asking the Lord to tell you what you need to know.
It is as simple as asking Him something like, “Lord Jesus, will there be a pole-shift on 11-11-11?” or whatever date the false prophet is giving?
The amazing thing is when we specifically asked the Lord about a predicted quake, Comet Elenin or tsunamis, we heard nothing. -and nothing happened!
That’s the point- we need to hear God for ourselves, test the spirits and test the fruit.
We must turn from relying on “ministries” which generate fear, paranoia and desire for self preservation in the name of Christ, but in reality draw us away from Him.
Delivered and cleansed
I confess my own guilt concerning the error described thus far. My wife and I postponed educational and business decisions because this “working of error” skewed our outlook and hope for the future. It affected our children and created a negative, fatalistic view of life that affected our family goals and long range planning.
Are we saying the men and women spreading these rumors are evil folks or intentionally deceiving? ---> No. ←-
However, ANYONE CAN BE DECEIVED!
Our heart is deceptively wicked. Unrepentant idolatry will result in GOD sending "a working of error."
The Lord, by His grace, has granted us repentance and deliverance from the error that had us bound. We can now rest in His promises concerning end time events:
These are deceivers and antichrist.