A place to help people to find understanding why church tradition and experience is often quite different from the simplicity of the New Testament.
Is the phrase "go to church" ever stated in scripture?
What about Titles and building-centered assembly?
What is a 501c3 church?
These are examples of practices needing examination and we hope will provoke thought and prayer among those the Lord is stirring and calling to a deeper consecration, and we want to encourage you to "hear ye HIM".
Search This Blog
Monday, November 28, 2011
The 501c3 Church is Not The Church
Is your church a government registered, non-profit 501c3 organization?
If you do not know what this means, please google "501c3 church" and find out.
What is amazing is the fact there is absolutely no need for a church assembly to register as a 501c3 corporation!
There was Constitutional protection for churches for nearly 200 years and churches were just fine. But in 1954 Lyndon Johnson pushed through the 501c3 law and churches volunteer for this snare to get tax benefits and deductions.
Should we exchange our "giving in secret" for the benefit of a tax write off?
501c3 enrollment is OPTIONAL and the supposed "benefit" of tax deducting and "legal protection from lawsuits" is but another way for the government to track and monitor you.
Some Biblical History might help us choose.
At the time of Christ, circa 30 A.D., there was agreement between the leaders of religious Israel and the government too. In fact, the Jewish religious system and leadership over God's people were threatened by the Word and ministry of Jesus.
Because they too were in agreement with the government of Rome(whose symbol was(coincidently?) also the eagle), they feared the loss of their status, position, and authority.
Notice what the religious leadership said: John 11:48If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.
Because the religious leaders of Israel were corrupted by the love of money, position, and status, they sought to preserve the system from which they benefited.
Does this sound familiar? It should. The present system of "giving" in the church as we know it benefits the modern clergy just as it did in Jesus' time. Jesus referred to paid "hierlings", and rightly so.
The 501c3 church is in an un-necessary agreement, a marriage, a union, a contract, an "unequal yoke" with the state for financial benefit and state recognition. As it was in Jesus' time, the clergy and most "ministries" benefit most from the financial system imposed on God's people.
This agreement by law, conforms the church to IRS corporate law and requires the creation of:
unscriptural church boards
an unscriptural CEO (usually the pastor)
unscriptural membership enrollment unscriptural recording of one's giving for tax reporting
and unscriptural submission to governmental regulation of what may or may not be taught in the church assembly.
501c3 legal notes:
1."A corporation is a creature of the state... " Its rights to act as a corporation are only preserved to it so long as it obeys the laws of its creation..." (Hale v. Henkel, 201 U.S. 43)
2."[A corporation is] an artificial person or legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state." Black's Law Dictionary West Publishing Company, 1991; 6th Edition, page 340
3. "A corporation derives its existence and all of its powers from the State and,therefore, has only such powers as the State has conferred upon it.
4. ... the source of this power is the charter and the statute under which the corporation was organized." Len Young Smith and G. Gale Roberson, Smith and Roberson's Business Law, West Publishing Company, 1966, page 796
Romans 12:2New English Translation (NET Bible) Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.
As we conformed by agreement to 501c3 law, we volunteered to permit the state to have lawful authority over the churches.
By the way,the eagle is a symbol for a "beast" which is the nature of the unregenerate man, not the nature of the Spiritual man who is not of this world and is born again from above. In fact, Jesus spoke of his followers as having the nature of the dove, not that of the patriotic eagle. Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Who are the wolves?
The scriptures tell us they are hierlings, leaders of God's people that take authority, position, and their living from those under them.
The wolves have willingly become yoked to a worldly kingdom of rulers who are run by their spiritual head, i.e. satan.
Romans 13:1 Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.
2) Thereforehe that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselvesjudgment.
We are non-political and do not believe in political salvation by ballot box or any political party. God will use evil people in politics to bring His people to their cross as He has done with His people over and over starting in Genesis.
The 501c3 is a physical-and lawful agreement that brings the "leaven of Herod" all the way to the pulpit.
It also turns a church into a non-profit business.
Under the guise of having the benefit of donations, tithes, and offerings being tax-deductible, churches have been snared by the government into a union with a satanically ruled system.
Most churches have become a denominational franchise, a family-run business, or a "non-profit corporation".
Forgive my blunt assessment, but we will gladly and cheerfully give in secret and our Heavenly Father is far greater a rewarder than a tax write off.
Actions to take:
1. Ask the Lord about the ideas and scriptures in this writing. IF you are persuaded,
2. Find out if your church-denomination or organization is a 501c3 corporation. 3. Renounce and disavow all unscriptural legal "membership" (yokes) from churches and man-made organizations. 4. Ask the Lord where He would have you give and to whom apart from the manipulation and scripture perversions from people that personally benefit from the offering plate. 5. As God leads, you may need to repent and withdraw from an anti-christ beast system that has taken the church into captivity. 6. Be prepared for leaders who are part of the system to "explain" and justify these ungodly practices in an attempt to persuade you to stay. 7. You can withdraw "membership" without leaving your assembly as it is the "system" we are departing from, not the church which is the spiritual body of Christ.